This Fall we will be continuing to test kindergarten through eighth grade students using the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) assessment tool. This year the computer based assessment will be administered to the students while they are in a remote environment. The purpose of the assessment will be to inform teachers of the immediate instructional needs of students. MAP results equip educators with key data to help personalize instruction and pinpoint individual student needs.
With this being our first time remote testing it will be important to partner with families to help this new process be as successful as possible. If families have any technical difficulties while attempting to complete the assessment they can call our MAP hotline at: 847-357-5154.
Important Details on the Virtual MAP Assessment:
- Communication regarding the date and time of the assessment will be coming from your child’s teacher.
- Students in grades kindergarten through second grade will begin a test session on Zoom with the teacher. A caregiver must be present to support the child logging into Zoom and into the test session.
- Our students in third grade through eighth grade will be proctored by a teacher via Zoom while they complete the assessment.
- Students in grades kindergarten through second grade have 90 minutes to complete the assessment.
- Students in third grade through eighth grade have 120 minutes to complete the assessment.
- If your child does not complete the MAP assessment in this window the test will not be scored.
- Please note that this data will be used to inform your child’s teacher for instructional purposes, therefore we ask that parents refrain from assisting their child with answering questions on the MAP assessment.